VoIP Phone - VoIP 911 Tips
911 Recommendations for VoIP Subscribers
For additional questions concerning VoIP 911 requirements and regulation, visit the FCC website here.
- Provide an accurate physical address to your VoIP provider to ensure emergency services are quickly and accurately dispatched in the case of an emergency.
- Know your VoIP providerís procedure for updating physical addresses, and promptly make updates in the event of a change.
- Understand, in detail, any limitations of your VoIP 911 service and place the provided warnings on or near any VoIP related equipment.
- Clearly explain any existing VoIP 911 service limitations to children, babysitters, and visitors.
- Since your VoIP service may not work if your Internet connection is down or your power is out, consider a backup power supply, maintaining a basic traditional phone line, or having a wireless phone as backup.